I am writing to notify you of the plans we have at Pre-school for a potential reopening in light of the governments relaxation of the lock-down. As you will know, we recently conducted a survey of both parents and staff to support us in our decision to reopen Preschool after 1st June 2020.
Based on the results of the survey, the uptake as of the 1st June is very low with the vast majority of our parents unsure if they will return their children to pre-school on the 1st June and it is based on this that we have decided that we will not reopen on the 1st June.
We do however want to reopen as soon as we are able, have the correct staffing and demand is sufficient. We will therefore reassess this in the coming week with a potential to reopen on the 15th June, based on parental demand, staff availability and advice from the government.
We understand that some of your circumstances may have changed over this period and when we do move closer to a reopening date, we will be in touch again to understand everyone’s exact situation. Of course, when we do reopen we will of course be taking all the advised additional measures to protect everyone within our Pre-school and their families and also adhere to any social distancing measures we may be asked to observe.
We will be sending out a new survey in the next week or so regarding a potential opening on the 15th June. We would be grateful if everyone could complete this so that we have a clear understanding of how to best support our families as we move forward.
The Pre School Team